March 03, 2006

Out With the Old Mike, In With the New?

A fellow by the name of iugrad gave me this link over at Potshots with Pete:

Monty hearts IU: Through various middlemen, former Stanford coach Mike Montgomery has made it clear that he's interested in Indiana if Indiana is interested in him. Montgomery is enduring his second straight losing NBA season at Golden State. For the record, in my book, Montgomery should be the first choice at Indiana. What he did at Stanford (393-167) boggles the mind. Imagine him at Indiana.

Believe me, I am.

This little blurb is by Gregg Doyel at CBS SportsLine.com. It may only a small blurb, but it has given me so much hope. Recent buzz surrounding the next coach at IU had begun to include the Great Destroyer, Isiah Thomas, former IU golden boy and current destroyer of the New York Knicks. I was starting to lose faith in humanity, but now? Oh, baby.

If IU's athletic director, Rick Greenspan, has any sense at all, Mike Montgomery would be at the top of his list.

No comments: