January 14, 2008

At Least the Hoosiers Won


This was not a good weekend to be a fan of the Indianapolis Colts and the Dallas Cowboys. Both teams suffered humiliating defeats on their home turf.

First, the Colts returned to their old playoff ways to go one-and-done in their final game at the RCA Dome.
  • Chargers stun Colts, will face Patriots in AFC title game (ESPN.com)
  • Errors, poor play doom Colts in Dome's finale (IndyStar.com)
  • Minus L.T. and Rivers, Chargers Stun Colts (SI.com)
I didn't get to watch much of the game, but from what my buddy Jonathan tells me, the Colts deserved to lose. I hope last year's Super Bowl victory wasn't an aberration. I want to be confident that the Colts have a shot at making the Super Bowl each year without having to worry about choking in the playoffs. I was confidently looking forward to the Colts playing the Patriots is what could have been the best AFC Championship game ever. Now, we're all stuck with watching the Chargers getting their asses whooped. Then again, I assumed that would happen against the Colts. Shows what I know.

Speaking of playoff futility, let's move our attention to the hometown team of the Dallas Cowboys. I was worried about this game from the start, thinking that any upsets that occurred this weekend would happen in the NFC. I was half right (unfortunately).


Da Boys extended their postseason futility by collecting NFL record-tying sixth straight postseason loss. At home. Against the Giants.
  • Another Dallas Cowboys season ends on sour note (Dallasnews.com)
  • Dallas Cowboys exit playoffs with 21-17 loss (Dallasnews.com)
  • Cowboys fall short on last effort as Giants move on to face Packers (ESPN.com)
Shoulda. Coulda. Woulda. The Giants wanted this game more. I guess there's always next year to look forward to. But Decembers have not been kind to the Cowboys the past few years. I'm tired of getting my hopes up and having them dashed over and over with uninspired play. It was a great season for the Cowboys. But what a disappointing way to have it end.

But at least my Hoosiers won.

No comments: