January 02, 2008

Unlucky #13

Cowboys Defeat Hoosiers in Insight Bowl

I wasn't expecting the Hoosiers to win, but I was h0ping for a closer game. I didn't watch it and, in a way, I'm glad I didn't. All I need to know is that IU put up some points in the second half and hopefully created some momentum for next year.

"We dug ourselves a big hole but we played much better in the second half," [Head coach Bill] Lynch said. "I was really proud of our guys the way they came back in the second half and kept battling."

I expect the Hoosiers to battle next year. And that may be enough to fully convert me to a full-fledged IU football fan. The spirit of Coach Hoep was honored this year. Let's see what they can do next year without a tragedy to distract them.

GO HOOSIERS.

1 comment:

Rob Rogers said...

So Oklahoma State's team is called the Cowboys and Dallas's team is called the Cowboys?

Doesn't that confuse people?

Isn't it time for football to be over for a while again?