April 22, 2008

HA HA. You Suck, Isiah

Finally, justice have been served against The Great Destroyer:
From ESPN.com: Former New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas has been banned from having any contact with members of the team as part of his reassignment agreement with team president Donnie Walsh, the New York Daily News reported, citing a team source.
What a fun month for Ol' Zeke. First, he gets canned as GM. Then the new GM cans him as coach and reassigns him to do...something:
Thomas does not have an official title. He reports directly to Walsh, who said no player brought up Thomas' name during last week's exit meetings Thursday.

"I don't want there to be some kind of double-voice here, so he's answering to me and nobody's reporting to him," Walsh said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York on Tuesday. "... He's not going to be here on a full-time basis anymore. I'll be calling the shots, I'm in charge of the franchise. It's my responsibility where it was his."

So let's recap Isiah's post-player career: Screws the Toronto Raptors, bankrupts the CBA, leads the New York Knicks into the basement of the NBA as coach and GM, and further embarrasses the once proud franchise by sexually harassing an employee.

I used to love this guy. He was awesome for the Indiana Hoosiers and the only reason why I rooted for the Detroit Pistons during their Bad Boys days and championship runs. He was my hero as a kid. Now? I'll be a happy man if I never hear his name again.

Except here.

1 comment:

hoosier reborn said...

Spork,

I just caught your entry on that other site....what the f@#!k is a hoosier from years ago.

Wish to hell we knew.