April 30, 2008

Jack FM Moment of the Week

Leave it to local radio station 100.3 Jack FM to pull out one of my all time favorite songs from my childhood: Born to be Alive by Patrick Hernandez.



I have to say that while I loved this song growing up, I may have sung a different tune if I had seen the video. If MTV Video Awards were handed out back then, this one would have won "Most Awkward and Uncomfortable Performance by an Artist."

I mean, did Hernandez borrow the Flock of Seagulls video set and just remove the foil or was it the other way around. He can't even seem to figure out which camera to look at. That, or he's unaware of the others.

"YOO HOO! Patrick! The camera is to your left. No, your other left!"

You just have to watch it to believe. Ah the good old days when making music videos was simple.

No comments: